If you are anything like us, you know you can never do a day without mango in summer. While it may become monotonous to just east the fruit, we have put together some recipes from the Fitternity team to help you out with some variety & spice!
Here are four recipes that you can try for a mango-licious dish -
This five ingredient mango salsa recipe will help you relish the king of fruits in a different avatar. For this recipe, you will need -
- Ripe mango, diced - 1 cup
- Onion, diced - 1 cup
- Red tomato, diced - 1 cup
- Green chillis, chopped into finer pieces - 1 tbsp
- Lemon, freshly squeezed - 2 tbsp
- Rock salt or salt - to taste
- Coriander, finely chopped - 2 tbsp
- Jalapeneo, thinly sliced - 1 (optional - you can replace chillis with this)
Add all the ingredients in a salad bowl and mix well. Feel free to add more seasoning as per your liking. You can enjoy this salse with some baked tortilla chips or any chips of your choice. You can also use this salsa as a topping for your homemade tacos or burrito bowls.
This vegan curry is one of the easiest to make at home if you are craving some Konkani flavours. For this recipe, you will need -
- Ripe mangoes - 3 (you can make 2 mangoes into pulp while letting the other one be in diced form)
- Coconut milk, homemade or store bought - 1 cup
- Dry red chillis - 2
- Cooking oil of choice - 1.5 tbsp (we prefer using coconut oil as it maximises the taste)
- Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
- Asafetida - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 8 - 10 leaves
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp (acts as a flavour enhancer without giving it a sweet taste)
Blend coconut milk, and dried red chillis in to fine mixture. In a wok, heat oil and add mustard seeds to splutter. Add curry leaves, asafetida, turmeric and curry leaves to this. Immediately, add the coconut milk & mango paste and mix well. You can adjust the consistency of this by adding a little water. In the end, add salt & sugar and mix well. You can now add the diced mangoes and let it simmer for five minutes. Serve hot with with some rice of your choice.
Mango Lemonade Cooler
If you are looking for the perfect cooler to quench your thirst in this scorching heat, look no further. Pick up the mangoes from your fruit basket and get to it. For this recipe, you will need -
- Mango Pulp - ½ cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves - 8 - 10 leaves
- Rock salt or salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Water - ½ cup
- Ice cubes - 4 - 5 cubes
In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until everything is mixed well. In a glass, you can add the ice cubes and add the lemonade from the blender to it. Enjoy cold.
Pro Tip: Keep the glass in the freezer for five minutes as it will keep your drink cold for a little longer.
Now that you have enjoyed the best recipes with your favourite fruit, do you also want to burn it off with a kickass workout? Book a session with our online personal trainers, today!
Check out the fitness options near you: