“Did you know Tanmay Bhat was on a Keto Diet?”
You all must have definitely heard phrases like these talking about celebrities and their new diets or how someone lost so much weight by doing a certain diet. While most of this is all showbiz, certain diets have been proven really beneficial for all.
Today we are going to talk about the top 4 Celebrity Diets according to me and see their daily diet plan in detail. But before that let’s take a look at what a ‘Diet’ is.
What is a diet?
Diet is basically your daily nutrition. It is the total sum of food that you consume within a day, week, or month. It relates to the specific intake of food for health and weight management. These diets are modified as per the individual requirement. These requirements can range from a person’s health to religious taboos. Self implicated diets can be more or less healthy. Often people seek the expertise of nutritionists in cases where their health or fitness is involved.
What is the importance of a healthy diet?
A healthy diet is essential to ensure good health, proper fitness, and nutrition.
A healthy diet provides you with nutrients and vitamins that help reduce the risks of chronic non-communicable diseases (Cardiovascular diseases, Cancer, Respiratory diseases, and Diabetes). A healthy diet is a balanced diet that contains all the necessary amounts of macronutrients (Fats, Carbs, and Proteins).
Top 4 Celebrity Diets:
The following are the top 4 celebrity diets according to me:
1. Malaika Arora:-
The secret to Malaika’s fit and captivating appearance is her diet. Malaika indulges in a vegetarian diet. She eats simple homemade foods and avoids all fast food and fried foods or foods with high caloric content. She sticks to her meal times and avoids snacking at odd times. (like the midnight snacks that we all relish) Her diet is as follows:
- She starts her day with some detox water which includes lemon and honey. Her first meal of the day is lunch which may include coconut oil or ghee.
- Malaika loves simple home-cooked food like dal, chapati and sabzi, and rice.
- The actress makes sure she has her dinner before 7 pm and prefers light meals. She mostly loves soup or khichdi besides the regular dal chapati and vegetables.
This diet, according to me, provides a balanced diet and the appropriate amount of calories needed for your body. Some made food helps you keep a track of what you are consuming instead of fast foods, packaged and restaurant foods where you cannot be sure about what has been put in it. This diet also doesn’t limit your consumption of individual macronutrients.
2. Vidyut Jammwal:
Surprisingly, Vidyut’s diet is not a fancy showbiz diet like other fitness enthusiasts who follow a diet with lots of animal protein and supplements.
Vidyut Jamwal has recently turned vegan. He used to consume meat in every meal earlier but has been a vegetarian for many years now. He mentioned that giving up meat was the best decision he ever made in his life and that it made him feel younger, fitter, lighter, faster, and calmer.
Vidyut doesn’t believe in traditional dieting. He has six small meals throughout the day. His diet is as follows:
- A bowl of muesli before hitting the gym
- A protein shake after the workout session and relies on tofu for his protein
- Idlis for breakfast
- Dal, sabzi and roti for lunch
- His evening snack comprises one plate upma
- For dinner, he eats some sabzi and roti
- He also consumes a lot of seasonal and local fruits
This diet is also a very balanced diet and eating small portions frequently rather than vice versa is a very good way to increase the metabolism. A vegan diet is a completely plant-based diet. This diet improves your gut health and reduces inflammation in the body. The fiber content from all the plant-based foods can lower cholesterol and stabilize blood sugar. The fiber also helps in good bowel management.
3. Akshay Kumar:
Akshay Kumar doesn’t follow any kind of diet but if we were to say then it is somewhat similar to that of Malaika’s, but the reason why I’ve included him is that he follows a ‘Toxin-Clean Diet’. He avoids alcohol, smoking, nicotine as he feels that if you indulge in these then you will not have the stamina to workout. He also avoids any form of caffeine, be it even coffee or tea. He believes in consuming a balanced diet and eating the way our ancestors ate(Old is Gold). He also avoids packaged and processed foods. His diet is as follows:
- A serving of parathas followed by a glass of milk and some fruits and nuts for breakfast
- Lentils, brown rice, wholesome veggies, and yogurt for lunch
- A bowl of soup paired with sautéed vegetables for dinner by 7 PM
- If he feels hungry later on, he snacks an egg-white omelet or anything easy to digest
This diet is a toxin-free diet that is very good for the liver. Excess amounts of caffeine and alcohol can damage the liver and increase creatinine levels in one’s body which can be fatal. Sticking to a particular amount of time for the consumption of the food is also very beneficial since it allows the body to rest for the other time and perform its functions of breaking down the food you eat easily. This also leads to good bowel management.
4. Huma Qureshi:
Huma Qureshi is famous for her weight loss and healthy dietary habits. Qureshi is a strict ketogenic-diet follower. She consumes plenty of fatty vegetables and lean meats as well. She has also started posting a lot of recipes and information on how to follow a clean diet. As a matter of fact, she is now known for starting month-long detoxes that are easy to follow.
Huma follows a rigorous diet plan which was set by nutritionist Radhika Karle. Her diet is as follows:
- Oatmeal, with low-fat probiotic yogurt or almond milk, 1/2 a grated apple, and 2 chopped dates for Breakfast
- Any fruit for mid-morning Snack
- 1 cup of raw vegetable salad with a dressing of 1/3rd cup of Greek yogurt; a cup of cooked vegetables; 100 g of chicken (tandoori/grilled/BBQ) for lunch
- 1 banana each for pre and post-workout snack
- 3 egg whites, with 1/4th cup of sauteed mushrooms, spinach, and bell peppers on the side for an evening snack
- Homemade vegetable soup, 1/2 a cup of cooked vegetables, 100 g of chicken or fish for dinner
This diet (Read: What Is Keto Diet & How Does It Work?) is a plan that focuses on foods that provide a lot of healthful fats, enough protein, and very few carbohydrates. The goal is to obtain more calories from fat rather than carbs. Hence this diet promotes weight loss, improves PCOS symptoms, reduces the risk of certain cancers, and improves cardiovascular health. Overall it aims to use fat as energy instead of carbs and proteins.
Now that you know the Top 4 Diets, why not pair it with some fun and energizing workouts? Book a session today with our best personal trainers and get ready to achieve those Fit-Bod goals that you have!
Check out the fitness options near you: