About The F Squad
To begin with, The F Squad ⁽™⁾ is a hardcore Dance Fitness workout that takes one on a journey through different worlds and continually pushes their minds and bodies to elevated states of being.
They began their individual journeys with nothing on their side but commitment to their craft. Needless to say, their foray into Dance Fitness has been marked with the kind of twists, upheavals and lessons that invariably hit those who are mad enough to turn their passions into careers.
The F Squad ⁽™⁾ is now a steadily-growing collective of talented dancers, musicians, choreographers and trainers, simmering with new ideas and unstoppable drive.
The program is a circuit-based VIIT (Variable Intensity Interval Training) workout, the effects of which continue even after the session. This means that the body continues to burn calories until much after the workout. Moreover, the workout is infused into the dance routine. This method circumvents the monotony of a traditional gym workout and lets our dancers focus only on dance, all the while increasing their strength, power, endurance, rhythm and flexibility.
What Makes The F Squad Different
- Most Dance Fitness formats focus a great deal on creating HIIT cardiovascular workouts. This gives clients immediate results but in the long run, it only does more damage since they either injure themselves or end up gaining back the weight they had worked hard to lose. Our program, however, gives equal focus to cardiovascular workouts and muscle-strength training. Our results are just as quick but ensure a more balanced and sustained level of fitness
- We know the science behind our workouts. We are FSSA-certified and our going to be AFAA accredited soon. It has taken us a long time to design our program’s VIIT regimen and dynamics. Every stretch, form, and movement is crafted to make the body push harder and work on itself without damaging a single muscle.
- Our music does not subscribe to any one genre and is entirely created by us and for us. It is tight, powerful and produced keeping in mind the structure and nuances of our routines. Though Prabhuram (our co-founder and one of our core squad members) is our in-house producer, we also periodically collaboratewith producers and sound artists for creating soundscapes for the program. From EDM to Tamil Folk, we have it all. And beyond.
- For dance and choreography, we draw from our influences to design moves that fuse well with the music and the goals of the session. Moreover, we do not adhere to specific dance styles – we mix it up and keep each session interesting and varied all the while making sure that the routine is simple and easy to follow.
- We share our knowledge and information with our people. From nutrition to lifestyle habits, we advise on best practices. We write extensively on various subjects and are currently in the process of putting everything together on our blog (Squad Diaries).
- We pay attention and listen closely. If our dancers have any history of injuries or any other health-related issues, we tailor their routine for them. Our brilliant on-call physiotherapist, is also a certified instructor with us which gives her an in-depth understanding of our program.