These 9 aerobic exercises will get your heart thumping! Try them to the groove of pop music of your choice and feel the stress and fat melting away! These workouts are easy to do at home and will help in building immunity
Protip: Try to do atleast 3 sets of any 4 of them
Simple and highly effective, skipping engages the Shoulders, Quads, Glutes, and Calves. Jumping rope is known to burn around 1300 calories/hour (now that’s high!). You can mix this exercise up by trying the cross jump, double jump and single leg jump. A minimum of 250 skips is a must.
Burpees work out the Chest, Triceps, Delts, Quads and Hamstring. Here is how you can do a burpee at home:
· Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, weight in your heels, and your arms at your sides.
· Push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower your body into a squat.
· Place your hands on the floor directly in front of, and just inside, your feet. Shift your weight onto them.
· Jump your feet back to softly land on the balls of your feet in a plank position. Your body should form a straight line from your head to heels. Be careful not to let your back sag or your butt stick up in the air, as both can keep you from effectively working your core.
· Jump your feet back so that they land just outside of your hands.
· Reach your arms overhead and explosively jump up into the air.
· Land and immediately lower back into a squat for your next rep.
Burpees are a killer full body workout and do atleast 20 to feel the burn.
3. Squat jumps
Try this intense exercise to strengthen your legs and give you that perfect bum!
· Begin with a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart.
· Perform a normal squat.
· As you complete the downward motion, jump in the air.
· As you land, lower the body back to normal squat position to finish rep one.
· Do minimum of 3 sets of 10-15 reps and take no more than 30-60 seconds of rest between each set.
· You should also keep in mind to keep a steady pace throughout the exercise.
4. Jumping Jacks
We’ve done these since we were kids! Great to warm up and full body exercise that will help loosen up your muscles as well. Do atleast 30 of these.
· Start with feet together and hands down by the side.
· Jump your feet out to the side and raise your both arms above your head simultaneously.
· Immediately jump back to starting position. And repeat.
· It’s a little warm-up exercise before you get into real hard aerobic training.
5. Donkey Kick
Get on all fours and work those glutes and hips out!
· Get on all fours on mat (hands under shoulders, knees under hips).
· Keeping right knee bent 90 degrees, flex right foot and lift knee to hip level.
· Lower the knee without touching the floor; lift again. Do 15 reps.
· Switch legs; repeat.
6. High Knees
On the spot, high knees will give you quads to die for. You got to do atleast 30 to feel the burn.
· Stand with your feet hip-width apart and run in place at a steady pace by pulling both the knees alternatively to the chest.
· Do as quickly as you can.
A great work out for your abs and obliques! Do a minimum of 3 sets with 10 reps each side.
· Lie on your back with your hands just below your lower back for extra support.
· Keep your navel sucked and legs straight.
· Lift off the legs from the ground till it is at a right angle to your upper body.
· Keeping your core tight and legs together, make a complete rotation with your legs.
· Focus on keeping your abs tight throughout the exercise.
8. Push ups
A basic push up is an effective way to strengthen the chest and arm muscles and can be easily scaled as you get stronger. Start with 3 sets of 5 reps, and push yourself everytime you do this exercise
· Lie down facing the ground with hands palm-down on, approximately shoulder width apart. They should be about next to your shoulders, with your elbows pointed towards your toes.
· Raise yourself using your arms. Your weight should be supported by your hands and the balls of your feet aka in plank position
· If you have a problem getting the proper form, clench your butt and tighten your abs.
· Scaled version: Knee push ups where the weight on your knees instead of the balls of your feet.
9. Butt Kicks
For those killer hamstrings and glutes! We recommend 3-4 sets of 10 butt kicks/ leg
· Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and bend your arms towards the sides.
· Bend your right knee like you are jogging and touch your butt with the right ankle.
· Repeat with the other leg and fasten the pace once perfected.
Follow us on Instagram: Fitternity for more at-home workouts and tips to stay fit and healthy in this quarantine
Download the Fitternity App now and get started with fitness: